Monday, March 23, 2009

How to solve "The Myeclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"

This is for the question I posed on MyEclipse forum: http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22990&highlight=










I installed a few plugins after installing MyEclipse and on restart I get the following msg->
"The Myeclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."
I have no clue what went wrong I was installing through the eclipse dashboard



Solution: I find this is a problem with the installation of MyEclipse and can break at any new upgrade or installation restart

This happens due to the fact that You changed your installation directories at the time of installation which resulted in eclipse.ini getting confused and deleting itself during every major upgrade/ install.

In the MyEclipse installation, if you modify the Installation directory and the common software directory this error tends to happen. It is nothing to do with plugins or your configuration. I think it is bug in the Installation of MyEclipse. I could see that the installation creates c:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse and c:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common even before I specify the folders where I want this to be created which is absurd.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah. It was this that I've thought. But I still don't understand how to fix it.

    May you explain me about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not change the default directories during the install process

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh not! I wouldn't like to do that. I really prefer to change the default directories. It's a awful and annoying bug.

    Is there some solution which I can continue to change the directories?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess they have fixed it in the latest dev build. You might want to track the forums for details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where the solution? You say in the title "How to solve ..." but never give the solution just an explanation of the cause?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have filed a bug with MyEclipse and the solution is *NOT* to change the installation directory. Let it be default.

    I do not appreciate random Anon posts simply because it is a shot in the air. But have tracked your IP so I will let you remain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I experienced a similar problem while doing a fresh install of MyEclipse 8.0 with Pulse. I outlined the solution on my blog: http://blog.superwomyn.com/?p=3
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback